Best Parts Washer Solvent Reviews – Buying Guide Helpful (Mar. 2018)
Manufacturers of our modern cars have taken significant measures to protect the engines from grime and dirt. Basically, car engines have engine drip pans at the bottom which act as advanced aerodynamics and prevent grime from the road from getting to the engine bay of your car.
With all the precaution taken, there are still some gaps through which dust, oil and grease sneak in through. Also, the engines which are aging have a tendency to seep oil through their gaskets with an increase in the mileage covered. Driving for approximately thousands of miles will automatically lead to accumulation of a substantial amount of dirt into your engine.
There is too much trash that gets into your engine. Compounding the trash with the heat the engine produces causes the trash to get cooked and together with corrosion, things do get quite messy. Luckily, there are some trustworthy parts washers which bring salvation to your engine’s mess. You will find them in speed shops, auto dealerships as well as in independent shops.
Due to the various parts washer solvents available on the market, we did a review of the best parts washer solvents so that we could help you to choose the best. Read on and get to learn on the best parts solvent.
Tips to Help You Choose the Appropriate Parts Washer Solvent for Stainless Steel Material
Determine which type of stainless steel you are cleaning
There are a variety of stainless steel materials such as duplex, precipitation hardening, ferritic, austenitic and martensitic. All metals have chromium which gives them a shiny appearance. It amounts to 10.5 percent in the least. The various families of stainless steel contain varying amounts of chromium. Identifying the type of stainless steel you intend to clean is important since chromium is a chemical compound capable of reacting vigorously.
Keep off from halogenated washer solvent
To avoid ruining the appealing appearance of metals by getting them corroded, you need to avoid using halogenated solvents because they corrode stainless steel surfaces. As time passes by, surface corrosion is likely to get into parts and cause dimensional instability. The major halogens that you should avoid include chlorine, iodine, astatine, bromine and fluorine.
Identify the best cleaning method
Determining the ideal cleaning method for your parts will help you to determine the washer solvent that is suitable, and that will help you achieve the best results from your cleaning activity. There are 2 major methods of cleaning: the parts can be sprayed with a pump action cleaner which possesses a high rate of evaporation or fitted into the part’s washing system, or an aerosol.
Do not use solvents that leave some residue after cleaning
I am absolutely certain that you would want your stainless steel parts to be not only clean but also bright. This means that one should use a solvent that leaves no residue. The residue will undisputedly attract dust, grime and dirt to the parts. A solvent that leaves no residue will ensure that your cleaning processes are less frequent.
Do not use solvents which emit pollutants
There are solvents which emit dangerous and toxic pollutants. They are harmful since they pose a health hazard to the cleaner. Hazardous air pollutants (HAPs) cause health problems as chronic as damaging the nerves, and some mild conditions such as dizziness. A company using solvents with hazardous air pollutants is also likely to incur losses due to lawsuits on the basis of chemical injury, compensation of workers and more sick days taken by the workers.
Ensure that you seek expertise from a supplier of solvents
Finding expertise from people who are knowledgeable on parts washer solvent will also serve you because it has minimal room for trial and error, where errors can cost you a great deal.
Tips to Consider When Using the Parts Washer Solvent
- Avoid disposing the used solvent in a storm drain or on the ground
- Turn off solvent streams and keep the lids on solvent washers closed when they are not in use. This aids in reducing evaporation which will result in solvent loss
- Prior to soaking the parts in the washer, wipe them with a rag, or you can choose to wire brush them
- Make sure that you clean the parts only when it is necessary to avoid ruining them
- Choose a solvent whose hazards are minimal, for instance, citrus-based cleaners
- Avoid mixing used solvent with oil which has already been used
- Before using the solvent, carefully go through the material safety data sheets (MSDS) to avoid getting into contact with hazardous material
- Maintain records of the solvent, processing of the sludge, wash water and disposal accurately for approximately 3 years
- To avoid hazards such as spills, fires and explosions, you need to keep the container with the parts washer solvent closed. It also aids in reducing the loss of the solvent through evaporation or spills.
Top 3 Best Parts Washer Solvent Reviews 2017-2018
The following are the three best parts washer solvent that we chose to review. We did our best analysis in choosing and we believe that you will not regret using either of them.
1. Berryman 0996 Chem-Dip Carburetor and Parts Cleaner
The Berryman Chem-Dip Carburetor Parts Cleaner is quite an effective throttle body as well as carburetor cleaner which gets rid of varnish, fuel residue, gum, and other residues and deposits from the throttle bodies and carburetor parts.
It works effectively within fifteen to thirty minutes and does not require aeration, agitation or heat. You can use it safely with metallic parts of the carburetor as well as the plastic parts. It is also effective for throttle bodies, inclusive of aluminum, steel and their various alloys.
- Suitable for most metals as well as their alloys
- It can be used with a variety of painted components, plastic and rubber parts
- It effectively cleans gum, varnish, grease, hard carbon oil and sludge
- It’s an effective immersion cleaner
- The seller is trustworthy
- During cleaning it is fast acting and better removes even the rust stains
- Compatible with a variety of metals and their alloys
- Has a VOC compliance
- Effectively cleans varnish, gum, carbon oil, grease and sludge
- Leaves no residue on the parts
- Suitable for all terrain vehicles, motorcycles, marine personal crafts and scooters.
- Its quality has depreciated since it takes longer to clean to the expected extent
- It has a plastic basket which most customers do not like compared to the previous metallic baskets
More reasons to purchase the product
- Upon purchasing it, shipping is quick, and the tracking number is provided
- The manufacturer offers great discounts
- The product is associated with the best customer service from the manufacturer
- The product is of top quality as from the reviews it had been branded the number one brand at sales
2. Oil Eater AOD1G35437 Cleaner Degreaser 1 gallon
This product is effective at dissolving oil and grease on driveways made of concrete, asphalt, ovens, tools, outdoor grills and lawn mowers. It also works perfectly when used as a pre-wash stain remover from floor mats, carpets, as well as upholstery.
It is excellent for cleaning parts of machines and for pressure washing. You need to dilute it as per the instructions given by the manufacturer so that you can get the best results and save up on cash.
The instructions on how to dilute and use the product are clearly indicated at a rear label found on all packages of the product. It has illustrations on a variety of amounts to cover for industrial, commercial and utility purposes.
- Dissolves oil and grease on most items yet it has no abrasives, petroleum solvents or acids.
- Suitable for industrial use with machinery, floor scrubbers, pressure washers, exhaust hoods, washing of parts and engines
- In the households, it can be used to clean grills, tubs, asphalt, decks, stoves, white wall tires, boat hulls, laundry pre-spots and concrete driveways
- The product is quite concentrated, and so you need to utilize the dilution chart given by the manufacturer so that you can benefit from the product
- It is non-corrosive, non-toxic and not hazardous.
- Has no abrasives, petroleum solvents or acids
- Perfect degreaser
- Usage of the product has been authorized for cleaning areas not associated with food.
- It does not leave the chemical smell because it has a fresh scent
- It is biodegradable and can be used instead of the combustible or flammable solvent cleaners
- Maintains the beauty of your surfaces since it does not cause corrosion
- Its new container is not suitable as it causes the solvent to spill on the ground. Cleaning it off is hard enough
3. B'laster - 5-PWS - Parts Wash Solvent - 5-Gallon
This product makes metallic parts appear new. It clears the toughest grime and dirt, leaving the parts spotless and quite easy to handle.
It is perfect for parts that need to be painted as it leaves no residue. It has been designed to outdo mineral spirits solvents which are common in washers of recirculating parts
- Suitable for use on most plastics, painted surfaces as well as metals
- Cleans off cutting oil, grease, motor oils and water soluble oils
- Leaves no residue on parts
- Its flash point is high, at 145 degrees
- Perfect working such that it removes grime and grease which has been existent for about 50 years
- Produces very little odor which makes it suitable for the user
- Effective for cleaning parts which are petroleum based
- Its functioning is far much better than that of the mineral spirits
- Available at a pocket-friendly price
- Its high flash point makes it a safe and easy product to use compared to other products of competitors
- The product is flammable, and so you need to be extra careful especially when cleaning gun parts
- Scrubbing takes longer than is expected to achieve the best results
- The tin cans can cause some leakage
It is my hope that this review article has been very helpful to you. Having considered all the factors listed above, you should now be in a position to make an informed decision when buying the parts washer solvent.
The Berryman 0996 Chem-Dip Carburetor and Parts Cleaner is our selected winner among the best parts washer solvents. Its cleaning capability is fantastic as it is effective for cleaning grease, sludge, gum, varnish and carbon oil from most surfaces and parts, such as the plastic, painted components as well as rubber. It is non-flammable and non-chlorinated.
What’s more, it is effective when used to clean the tiny hard to clean parts of the engine, the carburetor and valves of transmission components. It barely leaves residue on the parts, and so it will save you from having to do some cleaning frequently.
Try out other parts washer solvents and find out the one that will serve you best by meeting all your requirements. In case of any comments regarding this article, please inform us in the comments section below. Please feel free to share this article with other readers.